Lead UI/UX Engineer
Netskrt is looking for a talented, results-driven Lead UI/UX Engineer to join the Netskrt team.
We are a highly motivated team, dedicated to delivering products and services that improve the customer experience when accessing internet video at the edges of the network. We are developing a set of inter-related technologies targeting businesses that offer Wi-Fi to their customers but which have limited bandwidth.
You are somebody who enjoys solving problems and has a customer-centric mindset. You should be passionate not only about learning new technologies, but also about running systems and software in the real world. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility, be a team player and a self-starter.
You have exceptional technical skills, and enjoy solving challenging problems. You are a quick learner, you adapt easily and you have great interpersonal and communication skills.
Netskrt offers the opportunity to obtain hands on experience with storage, networking, analytics, and cloud technologies. As part of the development team you will have the opportunity to design and implement solutions to solve challenging problems in a startup environment; working with accomplished engineers and a leadership team with a proven track history of success.
Be very hands-on; work as part of the engineering team on day-to-day development activities and implementation tasks. The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer that is passionate about UI, UX, designing and creating engaging, easy to use Web application interfaces and dashboards; and excited by the possibilities of cloud scale software and big data solutions.
Key responsibilities will be leading a team of FE/ UI engineers, designing, planning and building easy to use, scalable and efficient end user interfaces and applications to support our products.
- Bachelor degree and vast experience as Senior UI/UX Engineer
- 5+ years professional experience working on data driven systems
- Solid front end framework experience, ReactJS (preferred). Other JS frameworks (a plus)
- Solid experience in UI, UX and web services design and implementation
- Solid understanding / implementation of responsive designs for desktop and mobile
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design
- Hands on experience working in a Linux environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. Works well in pressure situations
- Strong interest or knowledge of data visualization best practices and state of the art technologies
- Prior experience in team leadership and building
- Experience in interactive software development life cycle such as Agile
- Proactive in learning new technologies. Desire to learn and enjoy intellectual challenges on a daily basis
Proven experience in developing large scale applications using:
- Cloud technologies (AWS, OpenStack)
- Configuration/container management (Kubernetes)
- Network switching and routing technologies
- Experience with tiered storage solutions
- Database technologies (PostGres, MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with caching and CDN (content delivery network) technologies (Netflix, Amazon, Google, Limelight, Akamai, Fastly)
- Data security (TLS/SSL and related ecosystems)
- Big data analytics and advanced analytics (Hadoop, HBase, Spark, YARN)
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.