Linux Systems Administrator
Our Netskrt Infrastructure Team is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator that is dedicated to delivering best of breed systems; built on high performance and hardened security, achieved through virtualization, automation and orchestration. We are a highly motivated team, dedicated to delivering products and services that improve the customer experience when accessing internet video at the edges of the network. We are developing a set of inter-related technologies targeting businesses that offer Wi-Fi to their customers but which have limited bandwidth.
Netskrt’s eCDN managed service is comprised of three major components: intelligent content collection, staging and distribution; adaptive networking, leveraging connectivity as and when available; and an edge cache that allows users to access the content they want locally, using the apps and subscriptions that they already have.
We are a highly motivated team, dedicated to delivering products and services that improve the customer experience when accessing internet video at the edges of the network. We are developing a set of inter-related technologies targeting businesses that offer WiFi to their customers but which have limited bandwidth.
You have exceptional technical skills, and enjoy solving challenging problems. You are a quick learner, you adapt easily and you have great interpersonal and communication skills.
Provide senior level system administration and technical guidance in analysis, design, evaluation, standardization, implementation, and maintenance of physical and virtual Linux systems and associated network hardware and software.
You will work closely and collaborate with the Engineering and Live Operations teams to ensure a holistic approach to troubleshooting and implementing preventative measures; ensuring the system is well instrumented and highly fault tolerant.
The successful candidate will possess an outstanding record of professional experience and will thrive in an environment that demands accountability. You will be a key member of a team that understands the big picture perspective, and instills a customer-first attitude.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Installing, configuring and maintaining physical and/or virtual machines with Linux OS to provide stable and secure computing environments in remote data centers, and on premise.
- Maintaining and monitoring the integrity of the infrastructure (hardware and software) and operating environment. This includes the Linux OS, system performance and security access; troubleshooting deployment, configuration and integration issues in development, test and production environments.
- Research and advise on new technology implementations.
- Research, install, test and deploy HW & SW updates and patches.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Senior-level technical expertise in the infrastructure design and system administration of bare metal, VM and orchestrated deployments; operation, maintenance and security of Linux servers.
- Expertise with open-source technologies, virtualization and cloud services, including OpenStack cloud computing platform.
- Experience with configuration, orchestration and automation tools: Ansible, Puppet, Foreman.
- Experience with Identity Management Systems (FreeIPA)
- Experience with web servers and load balancers (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, etc.) and CEPH open-source SW-defined storage.
- Experience with AWS, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with DevOps operations, including knowledge of Jenkins, Git, Scrum/Kanban and Agile workflow methodologies.
- Experience with monitoring and logging infrastructure (Zabbix, Splunk, Prometheus, …).
- Solid knowledge of TCPIP networking and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, …), Firewalls (pfSense, IPtables, …), VLANs.
- Effective communication regarding system operations and environment changes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of patch management, intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Experience with caching and CDN (content delivery network) technologies (Netflix, Amazon, Google, Limelight, Akamai, Fastly)
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.