About the Role
Our Netskrt Infrastructure Team is looking for a Security Analyst to take a lead role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our security infrastructure; ensuring that the appropriate standards and frameworks for our information security systems are implemented and adhered to.
Netskrt’s eCDN managed service is comprised of three major components: intelligent content collection, staging and distribution; adaptive networking, leveraging connectivity as and when available; and an edge cache that allows users to access the content they want locally, using the apps and subscriptions that they already have.
We are a highly motivated team, dedicated to delivering products and services that improve the customer experience when accessing internet video at the edges of the network. We are developing a set of inter-related technologies targeting businesses that offer WiFi to their customers, but which have limited bandwidth.
You have exceptional technical skills and enjoy solving challenging problems. You are a quick learner; you adapt easily, and you have great interpersonal and communication skills.
Provide leadership in the design, implementation, and maintenance of our security framework. This includes hardware, software, systems, and standards as appropriate, to support our development and production environments.
You will be a key member of a team, collaborating with project teams, architects, administrators, and provide security guidance and recommendations during the design, development, deployment and maintenance of our systems and platforms.
The successful candidate will possess an outstanding record of professional experience. You thrive in an environment that demands accountability and hands-on execution.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Participate in the development and implementation of safeguards and mitigation strategies to ensure reliable delivery of critical business services, along with deployment and testing of cybersecurity incident response procedures.
- Lead the planning, definition and implementation of security best practices and controls.
- Lead the research, planning, design, evaluation, implementation, troubleshooting and operation of the company’s firewalls, VPNs, and related areas in accordance with security standards and best practices.
- Plan, design and implement security penetration testing, security patch management procedures, and intrusion detection/prevention systems as required.
- Research and advise on new security technology implementations.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Senior-level technical expertise in overall system security design, deployment, operations, and maintenance.
- Experienced Incident Handler with ability to address minor and major security incidents within the defined Computer Security Incident Response process.
- Expert knowledge of Firewalls (pfSense, IPtables, Cisco etc), VLANs, 2-factor authentication, IDS/IPS, SIEM, vulnerability scanners (Nessus).
- Expert knowledge of enterprise security standards including NIST and ISO 27001/27002 frameworks and SOC2 controls.
- Highly experienced with open-source technologies, virtualization, and cloud services.
- Experienced with Identity Management Systems (FreeIPA).
- Effective communication with Development and Operations teams to understand and address the risk position of critical business applications and technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic.
- Cybersecurity certifications (CISSP, SSCP, etc)
- Experience with caching and CDN (content delivery network) technologies (Netflix, Amazon, Google, Limelight, Akamai, Fastly)
$120k-$160k (CAD) DOE
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.