QA / Test Lead
Netskrt Systems is looking for a QA/Test Lead with a strong background in both manual and automation testing to lead our testing efforts. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and executing test plans, managing a team of QA testers, and implementing best practices to ensure the highest quality of our software products.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced hands-on QA/Test Lead to join our team and play a pivotal role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our software products. You are a critical thinker; you are passionate about software quality and have excellent testing and problem-solving skills. You are willing and have the ability to roll up your sleeves to help get the job done. You have great interpersonal and communication skills and have a customer-centric mindset.
We are a highly motivated team, dedicated to delivering products and services that improve the customer experience when accessing internet video at the edges of the network. We are developing a set of inter-related technologies targeting businesses that offer Wifi to their customers but which have limited bandwidth.
Netskrt offers the opportunity to obtain hands on experience with storage, networking, analytics and cloud technologies. As part of the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to design and implement solutions to solve challenging problems in a startup environment, working with accomplished engineers and a leadership team with a proven track history of success.
- Test Planning and Strategy: Develop and maintain comprehensive test plans, strategies, and test cases for both manual and automated testing.
- Automation Testing: Design, develop, and maintain automation scripts using industry-standard tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, Appium, or similar.
- Manual Testing: Execute manual test cases, identify defects, and provide detailed test documentation.
- Team Management: Lead and mentor a team of QA testers (both in-house and/or offshore members), providing guidance, training, and performance evaluations.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure that the quality standards are met throughout the software development lifecycle, from requirements analysis to product release.
- Test Environments: Manage and maintain test environments, ensuring they are
configured correctly for testing purposes.
- Defect Tracking: Effectively identify, document, track, and manage defects using bug tracking tools like JIRA or similar.
- Test Reporting: Generate test reports and communicate testing progress and results to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, product managers, and business analysts, to understand requirements and provide feedback.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and enhance testing processes, tools, and methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience (8+ years) as a Software QA/Test Lead with experience on testing networking functionalities within complex software applications.
- Proven experience in manual and automation testing, including test planning and execution.
- Strong knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks.
- Hands on experience with scripting and programming languages (e.g., Python,
Java, or others).
- Hands-on experience with various testing methodologies, tools, and frameworks
including for networking testing, such as Wireshark, Iperf, Selenium, JMeter, etc.
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team of QA testers.
- Proficiency in bug tracking and test management tools.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail, with a passion for ensuring
the highest level of software quality.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and technologies, such
as TCP/IP, VLANs, routing, switching, and network security.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies, with
the ability to collaborate effectively with development teams.
- ISTQB or other relevant certifications (optional but a plus).
- Experience with caching and CDN (content delivery network) technologies (CloudFront, Limelight/Edgio, Akamai, Fastly, Netflix, Google)
- Experience with cloud platforms and services, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Database technologies (PostgreSQL, MYSQL, RabbitMQ)
- Network switching and routing technologies
- Experience with tiered storage solutions
- Familiarity with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, YARN or Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and best practices.
CA$120,000 – CA$150,000 (DOE)
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.