Senior Software Engineer (Security)
Netskrt Systems is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in security to join our dynamic team. As a Senior Software Engineer with Security Experience, you will play a critical role in the design, development, and implementation of secure software solutions for our products and services. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineers, to ensure that our software meets the highest security standards and protects our customers’ sensitive information.
We are a highly motivated team, dedicated to delivering products and services that improve the customer experience when accessing internet video at the edges of the network. We are developing a set of inter-related technologies targeting businesses that offer WIFI to their customers, but which have limited bandwidth.
Netskrt offers the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience with storage, networking, analytics and cloud technologies. As part of the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to design and implement solutions to solve challenging problems in a startup environment, working with accomplished engineers and a leadership team with a proven track history of success.
- Develop and implement secure software solutions by leveraging your expertise in secure coding practices, encryption, authentication, and access control.
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to understand security requirements and translate them into effective technical solutions.
- Conduct security assessments and code reviews to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities, ensuring adherence to best practices and industry standards.
- Design and implement robust security features, such as secure authentication mechanisms, encryption protocols, and secure communication channels.
- Stay up to date with the latest security trends, vulnerabilities, and best practices, and apply this knowledge to enhance the security posture of our software.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents and vulnerabilities, working closely with the incident response team to analyze and resolve issues promptly.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers, fostering a culture of security awareness and best practices within the development team. Be our ambassador for all things security.
- Collaborate with external security auditors and assessors to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of secure coding guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of security tools, frameworks, and technologies to enhance our security capabilities.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years + of proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer with a focus on security, preferably in a fast-paced software development environment.
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages, such as Python, Java, C, C++, and the ability to write secure code.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design.
- In-depth knowledge of secure coding practices and common security vulnerabilities, such as OWASP Top 10.
- Strong understanding of network protocols, encryption algorithms, authentication mechanisms, and access control models.
- Experience with security tools and technologies, such as vulnerability scanners, penetration testing frameworks, and secure development frameworks.
- Familiarity with secure software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, including threat modeling and secure code review.
- Hands-on experience working in a Linux environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex systems and identify potential security risks.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality software solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively convey security concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with caching and CDN (content delivery network) technologies (CloudFront, Limelight/Edgio, Akamai, Fastly, Netflix, Google)
- Experience with cloud platforms and services, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Database technologies (PostgreSQL, MYSQL, RabbitMQ)
- Network switching and routing technologies
- Experience with tiered storage solutions
- Familiarity with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, YARN or Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and best practices.
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.